Friday, February 01, 2008
Five things you might not know about me ... (Part of the Blogging 4 Educators challenge!)
1. I came to Japan for the first time about 5 or 6 years ago. I attended the Lions Club International convention in Osaka, and stayed in Japan only for one week. At that time, I was studying for my M.A. TESL, and knew that Japan was the place: interesting culture, people, language, food, and all! I took this picture at a temple in the city I now call home.
2. I grew up on a farm in Ohio. One of my favorite things is to eat Buckeyes; no, of course not the poisonous nut from the state tree, but the delicious dessert made of peanut butter and chocolate! (Like Carla R., I'm a chocoholic!) You can hear me talk about it on my chinswing thread, "What is your favorite sweet and what does it reflect about you?"
3. I have a B.A. in French and wrote my senior seminar paper on Albert Camus' The Fall. I studied for a summer semester in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec and for a summer semester in Nice, France.
4. I'm not good at swimming, and don't like beach vacations or being on boats.
5. I love to read! My favorite authors include Margaret Atwood, JoAnne Harris, and Albert Camus. I have just started to read The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing, and I have started a list of books that I want to read. If you have any suggestions of good books to read, please leave them for me in the comments!
Looking forward to checking Technorati to see what co-mods and participants will write as part of this challenge!