Monday, July 31, 2006

My Blog Title

The name of the blog, One Teacher's Journey, reflects several paths that I'm currently following.
  • I am exploring new ways to use technology in the classroom. So, this blog will be a place where I can experiment with new tools.

  • I am moving from teaching English Composition and Public Speaking courses for American students to teaching English language courses in an EFL setting.

  • I am discovering how teaching intertwines with other areas of my life, such as being a mother.

What path are you currently on in your journey as an educator?

3 comments:

Maria Claudia Bellusci said...

Mary dear,
I feel I'm walking all three paths along with you. I teach EFL students, I'm discovering and trying new tools all the time, and I am a mother of four (though they are older than your cute baby). The biggest challenge now is, getting hold of the computer from my teenage children, who are fulltime chatters!
Great blog, Mary!
Hugs,
Claudia

Maria said...

As I read the title you chose I couldn't help thinking about one of my favourite poems.
It was written by Robert Frost and I will quote the most significant lines:

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference"

It seems to me that this is what defines people in this group. Congratulations, Mary!

MariaL ("Coffee Break")

Mary H said...

Hi MariaL and MClaudia,
Thanks for your comments! We do, indeed, have a lot in common. I love the poem by Robert Frost. It is funny you mention it because my office mate and I were just discussing it the other day. She read it to her class after not having read it in many, many years; it brought tears to her eyes. How wonderful it is that we can be on this journey as teachers together!